Hey you.

Hey you...

Yes. I'm talking to you.

The one reading all of my social media, perusing my social media, wondering what happened to me. I see you. I see you reading my posts, looking at my Facebook, combing my Instagram - wondering how me, the person you thought you knew got divorced, remarried, and had a kid.

I know you have questions for me. I know you want to know what went wrong, what did he do wrong, what did I do,  were you engaged before you found out your pregnant (yes), or what type of information I'm going to share on here.

I'm going to tell you this....

It's none of your business.

I have been through a lot. My 1st marriage was a series of happy Facebook posts and pretending like I had it altogether. My inside (sad, upset, depressed, anxious) did not match my outside (fake happy! the pictures!).

Psst. Can I tell you a secret? Actually - it is not really a secret....MY INSIDES MATCH MY OUTSIDES NOW! My insides are happy! Excited! Can't wait to see what is next for my life! And my outside is HAPPY, EXCITED, and OMG - SO EXCITED FOR THE FUTURE.

So that's what is going on. That is what you need to know. I know you have stopped liking any/all of my Facebook posts and pictures, and how dare you send me a single snap, or like a picture of mine on Instagram because that just might mean, just possibly mean, you support me. And we wouldn't want people to think that, right?

I have come to the conclusion, that maybe, if you can't see me for who I truly am, that maybe we weren't that close in the first place, or maybe, you are not in a good place where your insides and outsides don't match. (that was a beautifully written run on sentence) Because here is the deal - NONE OF US, no NO ONE, is perfect. And if we were perfect, we wouldn't need God. We wouldn't need each other, and life would just be BORING. I am so glad I am not perfect, and my family is not perfect, and my kids are not perfect, because THAT WOULD BE STRESSFUL. And I have spent YEARS pretending like everything was hunky-dory and it was not. Never again.

Maybe some day we can talk again, or you will "like" a cute picture of my kids, or you will support me in my life. Or maybe, just maybe you will show yourself and comment on some things, or send me a message, or really truly want to know who I really am.

Until then, I will be here with my people. The ones that love me unconditionally.

All my best,
Kristen 

PS - This was not written to anyone in particular, so if you think it was directed at you, it probably was not :)

PPS - I would like to thank Glennon Doyle Melton from the "Momastery" blog & her books for the courage to post this. She speaks the truth.

Comments

  1. Kristen, I am behind you 100%! I am so tired of all the judgement from people ... the tsk, tsk. I am SO HAPPY you are happy! I don't need to know any details -- never did --it is just SO good to have YOU back! Keep on writing... and enjoying your new journey! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the saddle.

Publish.

Time?